„Making the Transition Just – From the European Level to the Local“ webinar by European Greens
As we increasingly experience the impacts of the climate emergency and work to recover from the health crisis, we know we must shift our economies towards a more sustainable and fair future. This is why Greens across Europe are calling for a Just Transition. But what does this mean? What does a green future look like for our most impacted communities? How can we ensure that no one is left behind in this transition? And how can the ambitions of the European Green Deal be translated into real, tangible change, at the local level?
Join the European Green Party, together with Oikologoi Prasinoi from Greece and Partia Zieloni from Poland to discuss how to ensure a fair transition away from coal dependence in Greece and Poland, and how the EU’s just transition plans can make a difference. Hosting speakers from the local, national and European level, the discussion will create a crucial space to exchange between decision-makers, Greens, activists and community members.
The webinar will be moderated by
- Urszula Zielińska, Member of Parliament, Partia Zieloni
- Elias Papatheodorou, International Secretary, Oikologoi Prasinoi
And we will welcome the following speakers
- Bas Eickhout, Member of the Greens/EFA in the European Parliament, and Vice-Chair for the Committee on Environment
- Anna Cavazzini, Member of the Greens/EFA in the European Parliament, Chair for the Committee on the Internal Market and Consumer Protection
- Dimitris Tsekeris, Energy Policy Officer, WWF Greece
- Monika Sadkowska, Forum of Mayors Coordinator, WWF Poland
- Kostas Michopoulos, NEA ARCHI, City of Megalopolis
- Jerzy Hubka, Vice-Chair of the Inter-Enterprise Trade Union of Miners, Poland